Salem CyberSpace has a vision to be the preferred learning centers for low-income and immigrant teens and low-income and/or unemployed adults to obtain academic help and workplace skills. This success is driven by strong public and private partnerships, quality and innovative teaching and curricula, current technology, a replicable business and program model and quantifiable outcomes.
At Salem CyberSpace we believe in the potential of all of our students, both youth and adult. In order to execute on these beliefs, we all share the following values:
- Students First – focus on their needs, deliver on our promises
- Results Driven/Accountability – set goals which are measurable; everyone should give 100% to deliver on those goals
- Integrity – treat everyone with respect
- Innovation – always think creatively, take informed risks, and share your ideas
- Adaptability – stay flexible and adapt as circumstances change
- Communication – maintain open, honest and consistent interaction; build relationships on trust; include staff, parents, schools and community organizations
- Collaboration – collaborate with others; share ideas; leverage our diversity
- Expertise/Quality – hire the best teachers, expect excellence from all school staff, provide quality curricula and encourage new ideas in curricula development and delivery
- Support – assure each student has a caring, supportive adult in his/her life to connect students with after-school activities, academic and emotional supports, jobs, and post-secondary opportunities.
We believe in the power of community and welcome anyone who has a passion to mentor, tutor, support or assist a young person through his or her academic journey.
Salem CyberSpace operates its offices and programs at 98 Lafayette St. Salem, MA and is a program of North Shore Community Action Programs, Inc. since 2002.